Immigration to Canada:

Sponsorship Programs

Sponsorship Programs - Study in Quebec

If you are a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada, you can sponsor your spouse, common-law partner, conjugal partner, dependent child (including adopted child) or other eligible relative to become a permanent resident.

Applicants are eligible for family immigration if they have family members in Canada who are willing to sponsor them. This type of visa depends on whether the sponsor has sufficient income to support the visa applicant.
To qualify under Canada Family Class Sponsorship:
  1. The relationship between the Sponsor and the Sponsored Person (the Family Class immigrant) must be one of the following:
    • Spouse, common-law partner, or conjugal partner; or
    • Parent or grandparent; or
    • Dependent child; or
    • Brother, sister, nephew, niece, or grandchild who is orphaned, under 18 years of age and not married or in a common-law relationship; or
    • Intended adopted child under 18 years of age; or
    • Other relative, if the Sponsor has no relative listed above and no relatives who are Canadian citizens or Canadian Permanent Residents (limited to one relative only).
  2. The Sponsored Person must have a Sponsor who:
    • Is a Canadian citizen or a Canadian Permanent Resident; and
    • Meets the family class sponsorship requirements.
The Sponsor and Sponsored Person(s) must follow the appropriate Canada Family Class Immigration application process.

View Count: 4312